The couple arrested over the drone chaos at Gatwick Airport have said they feel “completely violated”.
Paul Gait and Elaine Kirk, who were released without charge, told Sky News their “privacy and identity” had been “completely exposed” after being named in the media and their home searched.
“We are deeply distressed, as are our family and friends, and we are currently receiving medical care.
“The way we were initially perceived was disgusting,” they said.
The couple, from Crawley, West Sussex, whose names have not been revealed by the BBC until now, added: “Those that knew us didn’t doubt us for a second.”
Speaking outside their home, Mr Gait, 47, and Ms Kirk, 54, said they had been “totally overwhelmed” by the support they had received from people around the world.
“We would ask that the press please respect our privacy and leave us to try and get through Christmas as best we can,” they said.
Passengers faced three days of disruption last week when about 1,000 flights were affected during 36 hours of chaos when drones were sighted near the runway.
The airport has spent £5m since Wednesday on new equipment and technology to prevent copycat attacks.
It has offered a £50,000 reward, through Crimestoppers, and another £10,000 has been put up by the charity’s chairman Lord Ashcroft to catch the culprits responsible for the drama, which affected some 140,000 passengers.
Sussex Police said a damaged drone found near the perimeter of the airport near Horley, close to the last reported sighting on Saturday morning, was being forensically examined.